I paired denim on denim (first seen here) last week for a casual lunch outfit while I was in Texas. It does seem like a slightly ironic pair considering I grew up thinking this was a major fashion faux pas when I saw the cowboys doubling up around town. (Can you say Canadian tuxedo?) Well, my apologies gentlemen. You were ahead of your time.
Here are 5 easy tips to keep the look current and on trend:
1. Mix your washes! Try a lighter wash denim on top like this chambray shirt.
2. Wear a darker shade on the bottom as it is more slimming (try a dark blue or black wash).
3. Wear skinny jeans to balance the look.
4. If you don’t feel comfortable in head to toe denim, break it up with your favorite blazer or tuck in your shirt and add a belt.
5. Anchor the looks with a pair of high heels to add a contrasting feminine detail.